Rules as shown in the Minor League and T Ball Rule book are in effect except as listed in t following rules. The
Rules can only be changed with approval of the MBSA Board of Directors. Manager/Coaches cannot change the rules under any circumstance.
Only managers and coaches approved by the MBSA may supervise the players in games and practices. While parents may assist, there must be an approved manager or coach in-charge.
All Managers and Coaches MUST wear their Manalapan Township volunteer badge and abide by the “Manalapan Parks and Recreation Volunteer Code of Conduct” and have read and agree to the “Manalapan Parks and Recreation
Background Check Policy”. Managers are responsible for the acts of their coaches and parents.
Games and practice dates/times can only be scheduled or rescheduled by the league Commissioners. All incidents should be reported immediately.
If the Managers cannot resolve an issue during a game, they must contact the commissioner OR Associate Commissioner
1.Each team will have only one game on a Saturday and one practice during the week.
2.Each game will be 6 innings OR a 2 hour time limit. You cannot start a new inning after 1 hour 45 minutes haselapsed. The last inning played is a full inning since we do not keep score (other than the 5 run max rulediscussed below).
3.A maximum of 5 runs is allowed in one half inning, regardless of the number of outs. When 5 runs are scored or3 outs are made the half inning is over. 5 runs or 3 outs whichever occurs first.
4.Each team shall have a set batting order for the entire season. Rotational batting everyone bats. If the gameends with batter number 6 then batter number 7 will start the next game.
5.Batters on the bench including on deck batters are NOT ALLOWED to take practice swings. The manager andcoaches are required to make sure this doesn’t occur. Managers and/or coaches can be ejected for allowingpractice swings to occur.
6.Every player must play at least 2 consecutive innings in the field and cannot sit out more than one inning in arow. Every Player must play at least 4 innings in the field (6 inning game).
7.Runners may continue to run the bases until a defensive player has control of the ball. Use your discretion; if therunner just passed a base and the ball is in control by a fielder then have the runner return to the base he justpassed. Runners do not advance on overthrows.
8.Coaches will pitch to their own players and must pitch overhand from the batters height. Batters will get 3-4swinging strikes and no walks. Rules as shown in the Minor League and T Ball Rule book are in effect except aslisted in the following rules. The Rules can only be changed with approval of the MBSA Board of Directors.Manager/Coaches cannot change the rules under any circumstance.
9.Each team will field 10 players (4th outfielder). 10th player will not be positioned near or on second base andmust be on the outfield grass.
- A player will field the pitcher’s position however; they must wear a caged helmet for safety
- Defensive coaches (2) are allowed in the field. Offensive coaches (3) are allowed: Home Plate, First, Third
- Catchers must wear all protective equipment and are not required to use a catcher’s mitt.
- No barreling by a runner or fielder is allowed. A warning will be given. 2 occurrences by the same player during the same game will result in the player sitting the remainder of the inning or lose one turn at bat. When the runner is the offender an automatic out will result.
- No shorts are allowed during a game, only uniform pants are allowed.
- Home team shall always use the first base dugout.
- No Bunting, Infield fly rule, Stealing, Sliding, or Leads.
- Only approved little league bats with a USA Baseball logo and wood bats may be used (max barrel size 2 5/8”). Any bats not meeting this specification must be removed from play immediately.
- Players must wear an athletic supporter/cup and cleats. Heart guards and safety glasses are recommended but optional.
- Pitcher’s mound is 38 feet and bases are 50 feet
- Let parents know they need to get to the field 15-20 minutes prior to game time. All coaches and managers should be on time as well. As they get older, warm up period becomes more and more important.
- Fields must be maintained prior to the first game each week (raked, policed etc). There will be a schedule prepared for the season. Each manager will be responsible to submit their parent who will be doing the field maintenance on the designated week. Parent must sign schedule book (in the shed) upon completion. Failure to perform scheduled volunteer work will result in forfeit of work bond.
- The 1st game’s home team is responsible for getting the equipment (bases, home plate and mound) from the shed. The home team from the last game is responsible for returning the equipment back to the shed.
- 13-14 Team Jerseys
- 13-14 Team Caps
- 3 Coach Caps
- 1 First Aid Kit
- 8 Ice Packs
- 1 Score Book
- 2 dozen practice/game balls
- 1 Equipment bag
- 4 batting helmets
- 1 caged batting helmet
- 1 catcher’s helmet
- 1 right-handed catcher’s glove
- 1 set of catcher’s equipment
- 1 set of throw down bases